Why become a member? ×

SOLD please remove!

lemmywinks

Selling this for my housemate.
It's a SUB4 in the bluey (or whatever it's actually called!) colour, active pre amp.

It's in great condition apart from a couple of dings on the headstock (pictured, a little bit of marker pen disguises them almost completely), a tiny ding on the top edge of the neck (shown in the pics) and some pitting on the control plate (again shown).

Comes with a Gator-style ABS case he bought seperately. The strap which holds this open at an angle is broken, this could be repaired or removed, either way the case is fully functional and in great nick.

He's looking for £410 collected from Blackpool, can post at buyers expense. Feel free to come try it out, there should be a few amps to try it out with depending on whether my gear is here or not. Either way we'll have a couple of Hartke combos and a Ashdown/Hartke rig knocking about the house

EDIT: I'll try to get some better pics up soon when i get acces to a decent camera. That's not a crazy spider thing on the control plate btw, it's the reflection of our light fitting!

Edited by lemmywinks

I'll have a look at the action when i get a chance (gigs this weekend) as it's a bit too high for my liking, feels strangely nice to play though, maybe not for a full gig!

Just thought i'd mention that my mate has hardly played this. He bought it along with a USA Hartke Kickback 15 (spent around a grand i think) then lost interest in bass. I've gigged it a few times when my Warwick was playing up but that's about all the action it's seen. I think the pitting on the control plate (there's also a little on the bridge but not much) is simply down to it being stored in a case for months on end

It's been out on loan with a learner for a bit but i don't think he did much with it

Ta
Steve

How much was yours up at?

I didn't really know what to value it at, the last one that sold on here went for £375. That was a passive version with no case, had a MM scratchplate though, it was also priced for a quick sale

As this one is the active version and has a quality case i thought an extra £35 was about right

Yeah they were at silly low prices for a while (i think £360 was the lowest i saw), bear in mind that Rays were going for £550+ at the time. I've seen a few on eBay go for £400+

I think now Ray prices are a bit healthier the SUB prices are better too. Personally i think £400 is about right for one of these without a case, it's new MIM Fender territory

[quote name='budget bassist' post='537848' date='Jul 11 2009, 01:10 PM']really? i got mine for £350 about two years ago. They are far better than any MIM fender though. Getting on for the price of a used MIA fender and almost as good[/quote]

TBH now I look at whats around I'm happy to pay up to £400 + postage when the fund is put together later this week.