Why become a member? ×

withdrawn

MacDaddy

with deep regret, but impending joblessness and homelessness means I'm having to let this go.

Fortunately I paid for my Shuker up front, and it's impending arrival will take the edge off. This bass is a bit like Triggers broom. I'll explain.

The original commision was for a bass built with every component as heavy as possible. The guy who ordered it believed heavy = better tone. I got it from VMax Blues, and the guy he got it from was the 2nd owner, who had a new neck (still made by Mike at Iceni) put on it. I have since had a new body made by Jon Shuker, and this one again made by Mike, put on it, and had it faffed and re-fretted by The Bass Gallery dudes, as the neck had LED's but they had been removed before it got to me.

American swamp ash body
maple neck with rosewood board
brass nut
2 x Iceni Heartland HB's
3 band EQ, blend, vol
passive/active switch
Strap locks

I'll try put pics up over the weekend.

Collection only from that London, South West.

I'm wanting £499.99 but will accept offers. As long as they are above the asking price :)

Edited by MacDaddy

I need to point out an issue which may affect the sale. As you can see from the pic below, there are 2 raised bits which were caused from the bolts holding the neck on. This happened during the previous body I had made by Jon. It doesn't affect anything that I know of, and Mike put it all together with his usual attention to detail, and The Bass Gallery have faffed with the neck so if there was an issue there isn't now. I mention it to give the full details and not to hide anything.

[quote name='vmaxblues' post='550867' date='Jul 25 2009, 09:05 AM']These are cracking basses, I still have one and macdaddy is a top bloke, so someone buy this before I buy it back![/quote]
cheers :)

Monday morning bump.