Why become a member? ×

Hohner Made In Japan P-Bass 80's

PURPOLARIS

Just bought this [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=140332609892"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=140332609892[/url] from E-Bay. I was tempted by the colour, maple neck and made in Japan 80's. Unfortunately the description and photo aren't great but thought I could always sell it on if I wanted to. Hoping to pick it up tomorrow on the way to a gig, I might even give it a run out at the gig if it's playable enough.

[quote name='beerdragon' post='542744' date='Jul 16 2009, 11:16 PM']Looks a good buy for the money. especially for a pick up, nice one.let us know how it sounds.[/quote]

That's what I was thinking, saved myself a few bob with the pick up option. I'll post some better pics as well when I get it

Nice one!

Hard to really tell from the pic but it looks in good condition! I've got one of these, mine was originally the same colour but it got refinished in vintage white back in the mid 80s and the original p/up was replaced by a DiMarzio. The build quality is superb, almost on a par with the original Tokai range imho. I think the model name is the MB-0101 (Jon will probably correct me on this!). If you ever want to sell it, get in touch, be nice to have another one!

Nick

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='542750' date='Jul 16 2009, 11:20 PM']Nice one!

Hard to really tell from the pic but it looks in good condition! I've got one of these, mine was originally the same colour but it got refinished in vintage white back in the mid 80s and the original p/up was replaced by a DiMarzio. The build quality is superb, almost on a par with the original Tokai range imho. I think the model name is the MB-0101 (Jon will probably correct me on this!). If you ever want to sell it, get in touch, be nice to have another one!

Nick[/quote]

Thanks for that, by the sounds of things it might well be a keeper :)