Why become a member? ×

Minty 2009 Fender US Jazz FS; Oly White/tort/maple

Clarky

OK I have just gone and done it again. Having sold a couple of Jazzes before that I didn't really get on with, I recently tried a maple necked 2009 American Jazz in Olympic white and the neck was much nicer (to my mind) than the other Jazzes I owned. I liked it and ordered one. Very soon afterwards, Rayman offered me his mojo'ed Highway 1 Jazz which I have just taken delivery of and I cannot justify owning both. Having A/B'ed I prefer the worn-in feel and look of the Highway 1 ....

.... so up for sale is a mint 2009 Jazz that is literally weeks old and hardly played (not gigged or even rehearsed). My camera was broken on holiday last week (freak wave on sunbathing platform!) so all I can show right now is a stock picture which is identical in all respects to my bass*. Obviously comes with the new style case and case candy. I paid over £800 but would accept £700 plus postage. I think thats a bargain for essentially a new American Jazz bass. Will also throw in a black Fender scratchplate which I have not fitted but planned to do so to make it match my 70RI P-bass. Strung with Roto Swing Bass rounds (I took off the not-very-nice Fender stock strings).

Stock pic: [attachment=29341:Jazz_OW.jpg]

No trade offers please as I have enough basses ... although would consider cab plus cash deal for a 1x12 Mesa Walkabout cab to match my Mesa Walkabout combo (massive long shot I know)

* Hopefully my feedback (eg from Deaver) will give you confidence that when I say something is mint, it really is mint!

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' post='546320' date='Jul 21 2009, 12:41 PM']* Hopefully my feedback (eg from Deaver) will give you confidence that when I say something is mint, it really is mint![/quote]

You bet your boots it is.

This would look lovely with the Precision but I really am spent out now.

Since there's a thread extolling RATM and Tim Commerford, here's a shameless plug for my Tim Commerford-alike Jazz that is for sale

[attachment=29404:tim.jpg]

You too can be like him (minus the tats) by buying this beautiful bass :)

Edited by Clarky

Trade idea added:

Enjoying recently-acquired Highway 1 Jazz so much that I would consider a trade for my 2009 MIA Jazz against a Highway 1 Precision (the upgrade version with Badass) in 3TS, plus cash adjustment in my favour

Or against a Fender CS Pino Palladino - OK that one was a joke

Yes a HW1 would leave me with 3 P-basses! But as Louis Walsh always says "I like' em"

Would still prefer £700 cash mind ....

Edited by Clarky

OK, price dropped to £675 collected or £700 posted, a very large %'age saving on what this would cost you new (plus it comes with better strings and extra s/p)

If it doesn't go at this price I will hang on to it as its a lovely bass!