Why become a member? ×

HELP! did you used to own a bass POD xt Live?

LukeFRC

Hello

Today I got a box through the post, In it was a lovely Bass POD xt live I bought off of Carl (Carlsim). Lovely (and great fellow too)

I can not make the thing talk to my computer as it has been already registered by a previous owner.

This will probably be the person Carl bought it off.
He bought it possibly in early may off basschat, we can't find the sale thread.

Did you have a Bass pod xt live? Sell it a few months ago to Carl and post it to Gt. Yarmouth?
Know anyone who did?
Please de-register it with Line6!
PLEASE!

Thanks

Luke

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='553422' date='Jul 28 2009, 12:14 AM']Hello

Today I got a box through the post, In it was a lovely Bass POD xt live I bought off of Carl (Carlsim). Lovely (and great fellow too)

I can not make the thing talk to my computer as it has been already registered by a previous owner.

This will probably be the person Carl bought it off.
He bought it possibly in early may off basschat, we can't find the sale thread.

Did you have a Bass pod xt live? Sell it a few months ago to Carl and post it to Gt. Yarmouth?
Know anyone who did?
Please de-register it with Line6!
PLEASE!

Thanks

Luke[/quote]
You need to go to the support forum [url="http://line6.com/community/community/support/onlineservices/registration"]HERE[/url] and post a new thread asking for a support ticket to be created to remove the previous user. Also have a read of the [url="http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-4283"]FAQ[/url]

[i][b][u][size=7]IF[/size][/u][/b][/i] they ever bother to reply to you, and they do, but have been completely ignoring my "thread request" for five months now, they will ask you to provide proof of purchase (PayPal payment etc) and release the unit so you can register.

You should be able to get the unit to talk to your computer without registering (I certainly have been able to do so with the POD xt I have been trying to get released). Create an account in the Software/downloads section and then search out the latest software, drivers, editor, etc., download & install.

Edited by WalMan

[quote name='WalMan' post='553484' date='Jul 28 2009, 05:58 AM']You need to go to the support forum [url="http://line6.com/community/community/support/onlineservices/registration"]HERE[/url] and post a new thread asking for a support ticket to be created to remove the previous user. Also have a read of the [url="http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-4283"]FAQ[/url]

[i][b][u][size=7]IF[/size][/u][/b][/i] they ever bother to reply to you, and they do, but have been completely ignoring my "thread request" for five months now, they will ask you to provide proof of purchase (PayPal payment etc) and release the unit so you can register.

You should be able to get the unit to talk to your computer without registering (I certainly have been able to do so with the POD xt I have been trying to get released). Create an account in the Software/downloads section and then search out the latest software, drivers, editor, etc., download & install.[/quote]

aw thanks! it wasnt liking talking without registering but it is now!

I'm going to leave a thread but thought it might be easier to post here and see if the owner before carl was still about.....

if you are reading... was it YOU?

[quote name='tauzero' post='556156' date='Jul 30 2009, 01:46 PM']If Carl paid for it by Paypal, he'd have the seller's email address in his Paypal history.[/quote]
Trouble with mine case was that the seller swore blind he had never registered the unit

Is there no option for a 'hard' reset on the XT and/or software supplied?

Just a thought as I know this works with quite a lot of electronic kit like iPods & some mobiles etc.

Something like[url="http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-3827"] this[/url]:

Edited by molan

ok my panic is over!
I thought that as it was registered to someone else it wouldn't let me use the software. Stupid of me.
I got it working with my computer now so that ok.

A hardware reset woudlnt work, its got its own registration number on it. This number has been registered with Line 6, a hardware reset wouldn't magically give it a new serial number.