Why become a member? ×

My current stable

funkypenguin

This is my current set of 3 basses!

My main bass is an Indie IB606, modified with filed frets, EMG DC pickups and 3 band parametric preamp and finally a ramp. Shes a bolt on, the body is Ash/Wenge/Ash, the neck is maple/ebony/maple/ebony/maple and the fretboard is rosewood. the neck profile is flatter than alot of 6ers ive seen, but she plays beautifully :)

I bought my Yamaha RBX JM2 late last year when i saw it in a clearance sale as an ex. demo model (having wanted to own one for a long time). shes got a few scars from the shop floor but she plays wonderfully. currently the sole unmodified bass ive owned! very stingray-ish character to the sound, ideal for funk, rock and prog.

My last bass is a Spector performer 4 (2003 model). my first 'nice' bass, she got me through my A-level exams and through my grade 8 performance certificate. the only passive bass i own, i use her for jazz work at uni (usually theres a duster under the strings between the bridge pickup and the bridge).

My 6ers are strung B - C with Warwick Black Label strings, the 4 is strung E - G with D'Addario chrome flatwounds

Edited by funkypenguin

[quote name='Machines' post='557952' date='Aug 1 2009, 05:55 PM']Love that RBXJM2, I still want one ![/quote]

i was really lucky in that i picked it up fairly cheap. i wanted to own one when i first switched to 6er so since i had money going spare i went for it. lovely bass. sounds a little thinner than my main bass but its very articulate and seriously punchy. very much like a stingray in that respect but it has its own sound thanks to the different preamp. nice fast neck and tight string spacing make it comfy to play

im sure there was one for sale on here....might want to see if its still availlable?