Why become a member? ×

Lake District Mini-Bash

niceguyhomer

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='562563' date='Aug 7 2009, 09:22 AM']I just need to find a decent back up bass so I can leave it with Jon for a while and we happy. :)[/quote]
Al,
You can borrow my Sandberg 5 if you want. It ain't doing much at the moment.

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='564216' date='Aug 9 2009, 04:09 PM']It was brilliant Russ, a real hoot. A couple of photos here:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=51824&hl="]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=51824&hl=[/url][/quote]

That bass setup is awesome! Looks great!

What worked well was when we did Smoke on the Water I hit the EQ and Distortion on the pedal. It was just set up to boost the mids a little and for a gentle crunch.

When I dug in a bit it went all clanky and Stranglers like - awesome :rolleyes:

Shame we played it far too fast :)

It's just a convenience thing Jon but TBH, it wasn't planned. I went to buy a LM Tube head and there were none in stock so I just tried the combo cos it was there and it sounded great in the shop :) so being an impulsive compulsive I bought it. I must be honest and say that at first, I thought I'd made a big mistake but I've done two gigs with it now - yesterday was an outdoor one on the seafront at Cleveleys and it's done a sterling job both times.

It is a compromise but I value my back more than my sound.

[quote name='BeLow' post='564722' date='Aug 10 2009, 09:55 AM']Big powerful and HEAVY amps are the preserve of young / foolish men (I was one once).

Light and efficent set ups are the for the more discerning bassists who do not have young / foolish roadies.[/quote]

+1

Probably not make it to the SE Bass Bash but if I do I'll be checking out any compact/lightweight 'solutions' ,shall we say,
on show.

BB