Why become a member? ×

Converting MP3 files

niceguyhomer

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum - feel free to move it Mr. Moderator.

I've got an audition tomorrow and have been sent 4 MP3 files of songs to learn. I can hook up my MP3 player to my Tascam Bass Trainer and play along to the songs but I can't take the bass out of the recording, which is really helpful.

Does anybody know if I can convert the MP3 files to a format that'll let me edit the bass in the Tascam ?

You can put mp3 files straight on to your Tascam by just connecting it your PC/laptop and dragging them over. No need to convert any files at all - simples!

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='569715' date='Aug 15 2009, 08:07 AM']Sorry if this is in the wrong forum - feel free to move it Mr. Moderator.

I've got an audition tomorrow and have been sent 4 MP3 files of songs to learn. I can hook up my MP3 player to my Tascam Bass Trainer and play along to the songs but I can't take the bass out of the recording, which is really helpful.

Does anybody know if I can convert the MP3 files to a format that'll let me edit the bass in the Tascam ?[/quote]

It should have had one with it - USB to a very small connector - not sure what it is called!

That is the beauty of the Tascam - getting Mp3 files taking out the bass or looping section and then slowing it down to learn fiddly bits etc. Not sure how you have used it if you have not had mp3 files on it already!

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='569718' date='Aug 15 2009, 08:20 AM']Splendids! If I find a suitable cable I'll try that.

Ta muchly. :)[/quote]

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='569715' date='Aug 15 2009, 08:07 AM']Sorry if this is in the wrong forum - feel free to move it Mr. Moderator.

Does anybody know if I can convert the MP3 files to a format that'll let me edit the bass in the Tascam ?[/quote]
Do you have one of the older Bass Trainers that requires a CD?

If so just use something like Nero (if you have it) or CDBurnerXP to make an audio CD - these will automatically convert the MP3 into audio file format.

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' post='569723' date='Aug 15 2009, 08:29 AM']It should have had one with it - USB to a very small connector - not sure what it is called![/quote]
Guessing here, but it's not a micro usb connector is it? (Which would be typical)

You'd be able to get one of those cables from any computer shop or mobile phone emporium.

[quote name='Eight' post='569840' date='Aug 15 2009, 12:24 PM']Guessing here, but it's not a micro usb connector is it? (Which would be typical)

You'd be able to get one of those cables from any computer shop or mobile phone emporium.[/quote]
No - it's one of [url="http://ntcdistributing.com/images/UH2-2MBR02-12large.jpg"]these[/url] (for the Tascam MP-BT1 at least), though it doesn't need to be right angled obviously :)

And they are common as well.

Edit: Pic of the side of the trainer [url="http://www.tascam.com/i-944-201-64-1-9FECCBFC.jpg"]here[/url]

Edited by bythesea

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='569958' date='Aug 15 2009, 02:42 PM']Mine's a MKII- you need a mini jack to USB lead. There's no USB connection on the player.[/quote]
That sounds like the CD trainer rather than the mp3 one - as far as I know the mp3 trainer is still on version 1, while the CD one is up to version 2.

In that case then you would need to burn the mp3s on to a CD and use that in it.

Does it look like [url="http://www.tascam.com/products/cd-bt2.html"]this[/url]?

Edited by bythesea