Why become a member? ×

Wizard Thumper * SOLD *

Bought this a couple of weeks ago to add to my HW1 Precision but decided the stock US pickup was tasty sounding anyway (and now I'm also selling the bass!) - so its sat completely unused in box. Cost me £50 from Wizard. How about you save a fiver (10%) and get a brand new, never-left-box Wizard Thumper delivered to your door for £45?

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Marky L' post='578980' date='Aug 24 2009, 12:49 PM']What sort of sound does it give? I have a mind to get some SD QPs for a P bass, but have been wondering about Wizards.[/quote]
TBH I have never installed a Wizard Thumper before so not sure. The website blurb says "An overwound and uprated P Bass pickup for those who like a more earthy dark sound blended with a good volume and attack. With a DC resistance overall of 14 k ohms this'll hit your amp hard." Thus it seems to be an alternative to a QP but maybe not quite as powerful (the Wizard Stealth 51 seems to fit the super-beefy bill). Various BC'ers seem to swear by them too.

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Marky L' post='578980' date='Aug 24 2009, 12:49 PM']What sort of sound does it give? I have a mind to get some SD QPs for a P bass, but have been wondering about Wizards.[/quote]

I reckon it's just what that old 70's Precision needs Mark, great PUP
Chris

[quote name='joegarcia' post='579108' date='Aug 24 2009, 02:37 PM']Interested in trades at all? Have a P EMG set, Pearl Chorus or a Digitech Bad Monkey OD. Any of that take your fancy? Want to get my P passive again and would love a Thumper to go with the Hammers in my Jazz.[/quote]
Sorry, after cash to help fund incoming bass