Why become a member? ×

artic monkeys - humbug bass sound

barry44

i picked up this the other day and have been impressed by the bass on it.

the cd is co produced by josh homme and it has the whole fuzzy qotsa, eagles of death metal bass sound on it.

this sound is something i would like to incorporate into my sound and i was wondering if anyone knew what kind of pedals i would require to emulate it.

i read on the net that he has started using a rick instead of his precisions but i am wondering if this has anythingto do with the overdrive or if it solely comes from pedals and amps.

can anyone assis

[quote name='barry44' post='580561' date='Aug 25 2009, 06:46 PM']i picked up this the other day and have been impressed by the bass on it.

the cd is co produced by josh homme and it has the whole fuzzy qotsa, eagles of death metal bass sound on it.

this sound is something i would like to incorporate into my sound and i was wondering if anyone knew what kind of pedals i would require to emulate it.

i read on the net that he has started using a rick instead of his precisions but i am wondering if this has anythingto do with the overdrive or if it solely comes from pedals and amps.

can anyone assis[/quote]

The whole album has warm fat fuzz on it. Some of it sounds like Precisions...basically through a proper tube amp cranked. You can emulate it with a Sansamp BDDI or VT Bass Pedal.

Im glad Josh got involved, it sounds much better. More full and dark.