Why become a member? ×

Faith No More

andy67

Anyone catch the show?

The band were brilliant and as they kept reminding us, no bad for old gits! :)

However, the start of the show was phenomenal, middle was great end and encores let it down a little. FNM had the crowd in the palms of their hands and could have sent us into orbit had the finished up with We care a lot or Falling to pieces but alas no. The end, imho, was rather lame.

Great show though and very glad to have been able to catch them on tour.

andy

I was there - agree completely about the encores - they have been playing We Care A Lot at other dates so I was hoping they'd end on that, but otherwise it was a blinder, the band seemed to be genuinely having a blast too. Oceansize as support was a major bonus, phenomenal band. :)

As far as the venue & conditions are concerned though, see my last post in the "I hate you so much right now" topic... :ph34r:

Jon.

Dammit - I just posted a duplicate thread in Off Topic:

Anyway here's my brief review:

So I finally saw Faith No More live last night after being a fan for nearly 20 years!

The gig started off great with Midnight Cowboy and a lot of the classics were played from Angel Dust, Kind For a Day and Album of The Year. Even the requisite covers were there: Easy, I Started A Joke and Chariots of Fire! They even went into the Eastenders theme during Malpractice and again in Midlife Crisis which was inspired. They never played anything off Introduce Yourself though and only 'From Out of Nowhere', 'Epic' and 'Surprise - You're Dead' from The Real Thing. Maybe they wanted Jim Martin to get less PRS payments from the older stuff?

But it just seemed to grind to a halt - we got about 80 mins followed by 3 separate 2 song encores that just fell flat. The should have killed it after the first one and ended on a high note with 'Just A Man'. The gig venue, Edinburgh Corn Exchange, was rubbish and the PA was way too quiet and small for the size of the crowd and hall.

Being charitable I'll forget the 2 and 3rd 'encores and give it 7 out of 10 as Billy Gould's bass sound was phemomenal - the best I've ever heard live.

New Order are the other band I've loved for over 20 years and when I saw them in 2006 it was brilliant, one of the best gigs I've seen.

FNM were are a bit of an anticlimax.