Why become a member? ×

Tannoy Reveal 5A Active Monitors

These monitors are under a year old, and in great condition. They have always provided a great flat EQ monitoring that works well for mixing, producing and sound design. They will come with two high quality floor stands that raise the speakers to a comfortable listening level at desk/chair height, they are metal (aluminium?) and have two hollow tubes that can be filled with sand etc to help weight them and get a better sound. They also have fitted neoprene pads to raise the speakers. The stands cost £90 new and the monitors over £250, so all together this is a pretty good slice off the price. Available for collection from tooting, south west london, I have a good buying/selling feedback lurking around somewhere on here :)

Im ideally looking for £200 collected ono

[attachment=31646:tannoys.jpg]

Edited by mr.sibs

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='583235' date='Aug 28 2009, 09:27 AM']Would these be overkill in a hifi or the most amazing thing ever?[/quote]

They'll certainly sound different, whether or not they'd be better than say a decent pair of Kef's would be down to your ears. For example my mate has a set of really obscure speakers which cost him about £25 but sound amazing and another friend of mine uses a pair of tannoys for his hifi which sound equally amazing. £200 though you can't really go wrong with this! I'd have em in a shot but I can't justify the money to the missus!

thanks Adam and i think your right, tayste, it depends on your taystes really, they are very clear and show up certain qualities as hifi speakers, i was using them as this for a little while, and I always likes the sound, gotta sell them due to space now really, the stands make it a very cool setup too. If you have a good eq on your amp then you can always adjust the output sound?

You'd have to be careful plugging them into an amp, as you said these are active monitors (jack/xlr input). You wouldn't want to plug a hifi amp's power output into these. They are more suited to attaching to the balanced outs of a mixing desk or audio interface.