Why become a member? ×

Gibson EB0 1973 - price drop to £590

Jigster

Hi All,

£590 plus p+p but wud prefer pick up

Classic vibe bass, all original parts excepting the volume knob, which has been replaced, plenty of body wear as you’d expect for its 36 years, but all adds to the feel. Cherry red which has faded to a nice deep hue, central humbucking pick up, short scale delivers a smooth fast action for great bass licks. Frets are in great condition.

[attachment=31870:IMG_0131.jpg][attachment=31869:IMG_0130.jpg][attachment=31871:IMG_0132.JPG]

More photos further down this thread. Please page down.

Edited by Jigster

[quote name='Jigster' post='585941' date='Aug 31 2009, 06:31 PM']is it like the old classic you used to be decisive but now you're not sure?

:)[/quote]

I can't even tell a bad joke properly - you used to INdecisive but now you're... blah blah..

I'll shut up.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Jigster' post='628843' date='Oct 17 2009, 04:43 PM']what do peeps think about the price?[/quote]

You leave too much to guesswork

It is in good condition, by the looks of it, but you say plenty of wear? How much? Where?

Does it have an original Gibson case? Is this cherry faded to walnut, or was it walnut to start with?
Are the electrics original/untouched (pic). Pot codes?
Any damage to the truss rod tip? (overtightening can snap it off)

Anything about action and playability?

A complete mid seventies EB0, is worth somewhere between £500 and £800 i'd say... You need to clarify the points above and get some really good pics to allow people to judge where on that scale your bass lies.

Hope this helps

Thanks for feedback evil juju - have a few more photos I took a while back - guitar currently trying its luck in a shop so can't get to it!! You can see it's like a blackberry colour almost, but I reckon it started out as a lighter cherry. The action is ultra low, it's like playing a six string, very swift and playable - the neck is a beaut. Altho I'd presume any buyer would set it up how they want it for themselves. The frets as one can see are in excellent condition. By wear I meant the body has bits and bobs of chips in the paint and buckle rash - and the tuners are a bit OLD looking, but it's 73 hey! The electrics are all sound and original (no photies of pots afraid), but bought from Nick's Guitars near Leeds so more than confident of its authenticity, and that it's been well looked after re. truss rod or any over tightening etc.

As I said, original vol knob has been replaced, aside from that it's all as it was/is. No case though I'm afraid.

The more I've researched this and other EBo's up for sale, am pretty happy that £700 is a good price + any postage but p/u preferred.

Cheers

[attachment=34636:IMG_0133.jpg]
[attachment=34637:IMG_0135.JPG]
[attachment=34638:IMG_5042.JPG]
[attachment=34639:IMG_5043.JPG]
[attachment=34639:IMG_5043.JPG]
[attachment=34640:IMG_5048.JPG]
[attachment=34641:IMG_5047.jpg]
[attachment=34642:IMG_5034.JPG]