Why become a member? ×

Yamaha BB415 NOW WITHDRAWN <<<<<<

Guest MoJo

It's been an on off relationship between me and the BB415. I bought one, gigged it for a few months then sold it. After a few more months, I was missing it and so bought another. I fell out of love again so swapped this one for a P-bass copy with Basswesty here on the forum. Several months on and I'm trading out another P-bass copy that I got from Silverfoxnik and Basswesty offers up my old BB415 as a swap. The rose tinted specs go on and in no time at all the BB415's back home.

Recently, I've played it at gigs and I love the sound of this bass, really powerful, like a P-bass on steroids but with the extra flexibility of that bridge pick-up. Huge output, huge sound but I've found myself struggling with the tight string spacing, 16mm at the bridge as opposed to 19mm on the BB414. So I've finally decided that the BB415 is not for me and I'm looking for another BB414 that I can string BEAD instead. 16mm spacing is not uncommon for 5 stringers, so don't think that this is unusual by any means, it's just that I feel more at home on a four string with the wider spacing. The bass is in excellent condition and is kept in a hard case when not in use (not included). I would love to swap it for another BB414 but would consider a BB614 as I could easily adapt the electronics to include a passive mode option.

The wiring has been modified to Volume/Volume/Tone rather than Volume/Tone/Toggle Switch. This allows you to blend the output from the pick-ups rather than have all or nothing. The bass now has fetching chrome control knobs rather than the plastic originals (although I can put the originals back on if you prefer them)

If any 414 or 614 owners out there fancy trading for a 415, please drop me a PM.....thanks :)

Edited by bassman2790