Why become a member? ×

cheap fretless

Bay Splayer

I got a washburn fretless as advertised here from absolutemusic.com in poole, delivered the very next day. its active ( after a fashion ) and is good enough for £160.00 and looks quite nise in an 80s kind of way. tone controls seem to do b***er all though :)
in fact looks pretty similar slightly better finish and "soap bar" pickups

Edited by witterth

Well, from China via Germany - some of that stuff is OK for the money. I think the 'sunburst' looks awful - maybe just me - the black looks OK. Neck looks pretty chunky.

That's the problem with Ebay - can't try before buy.

I'd hesitate to say 'Try it!'

G.

Edited by geoffbyrne

Looks like a knock-off of those cheap Tanglewoods (same body shape, headstock, etc). So, what we have here is a cheap knock-off of an already-cheap bass. I'd say avoid.

You can pay a bit more and get a Squier VM Jazz which is a far superior instrument.

I will not tire of telling people to avoid that seller on Ebay.

I bought a cheap and cheerful 4-string bass from them. It was cheap and nasty - but that was ok. What was not ok was that the frets had been installed in the wrong areas. The 13th, 14th and 15th frets were not in the right place, so the bass would never be playable.

Would not take it back, would not send a new one, would not refund me.

Bottom line: they are scum, and their merchandise is the cheapest, nastiest crap you can find. They have about a dozen accounts on Ebay. Go to your local bass shop and ask them if you can play their nicest bass for an hour in exchange for the £79 you would spend. You will get about as much decent play time for your money, but you'll get to play something worthy of your finger grease.