Why become a member? ×

Some family shots of my collection!

fatgoogle

Thought id arrange the whole family and take some shots this evening. To see what you think of my rig.

Here goes,

And there you haveit, sorry for the bad light and bad quality, its already dark hear.
So whats there
on the left is Antoni double bass, 3/4 size laminated and surprisingly loud and has a really nice mwah to it. Its my first double bass(i dont own the other) and was hoping for something better but its already setup and was only a few hours away, so i jumped on it and feel i could have done alot worse for the price. :lol:

In the middle My fender jazz 24 in cherry sunburst, my first proper bass and well my only proper bass. Really nice and im glad i went with it over the other jazz bass's i was looking at. Pity there discontinues now i wouldn't mind to swap it for a 5er. :wub:

In the middle behind is an ashdown mag 600R, my second one in fact as i bought one at the beginning of the year and then sold it then bought another making a 50 quid profit. In a SKB. Does what it has too.
Underneath is an EV 606 with a fane 15-400, cause i couldn't afford a real one. :lol:

On the right is an unknown double bass my teachers which im renting, its also 3\4 and looks to have a lot of history to it, looks like he scratched some words and messages on it in his youth. Unbelievably low action its crazily low and effortless to play, pity ill have to give it back know. :lol:

And so that's what i have theres only a few things i want know.
a Peavey tvx 4x10
A nice double bass pickup
Either a G7L L-2500 or Warwick corvette std 5er with swamp ash body.

And then i would be set :brow: :)

Thanks
Sam H

:rolleyes:

[quote name='peted' post='587153' date='Sep 2 2009, 08:52 AM']That's a great setup you've got there. The single 1x15" is definitely the workhorse rig. I don't play Double Bass, but I'm liking the look of the two you've got there. What sort of stuff do you play? Are you in bands?[/quote]

I play a bit of everything, but mostly rock and older funkier music, just finished learning the reddings awakened, which i think has got a good groove too. Im slowly coming back into a band, which is great. I started to play in a band and we were going with small gigs like and then we split up and ive spent the last year and a half playing on my own and jamming.

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='587205' date='Sep 2 2009, 09:34 AM']It's amazing how much space one double bass takes up so I can't believe you have two (even if one is on loan). My wife would go mad if I had a second[/quote]

Its crazy, and even to move them, i have to fold down the back seats of my mums car, and wedge it in at an angle. But great o far.