Why become a member? ×

Westone Thunder in black [SOLD]

Mr. Foxen

[attachment=32164:westone.jpg]Just bought this, it looks fairly new considering it is my age, and it sounds great, but the skinny neck gives me cramp. Not desperate to sell, but putting it about now. And yeah, I fully intend to make a bit on what I paid for it, its gonna go up elsewhere for more, but BC price is £135.

Edited by Mr. Foxen

That's got me all nostalgic...I think all the old buggers like me had one of these at some point between 1982 - 87? Before we had the interweb..all we could do was scour the local shops for the latest and best gear, like Carlsbro, HH....of course you're far too young to even imagine how hard it was for us me'lad...

[quote name='BassBod' post='589639' date='Sep 4 2009, 01:30 PM']That's got me all nostalgic...I think all the old buggers like me had one of these at some point between 1982 - 87? Before we had the interweb..all we could do was scour the local shops for the latest and best gear, like Carlsbro, HH....of course you're far too young to even imagine how hard it was for us me'lad...[/quote]

Yep - & I'm one of them old buggers who bought one of these new!
Ahhhh...
Golden days!
Brings back some memories...

[quote name='BassBod' post='589639' date='Sep 4 2009, 01:30 PM']That's got me all nostalgic...I think all the old buggers like me had one of these at some point between 1982 - 87?[/quote]

Ironic that I'm probably the only old bugger who didn't! I had a nice through-neck Washburn B20 Stage in '82 (which my mum bought me!), I flipped it for an Aria RSB Deluxe II in '84. Both of 'em were Matsumokus, like this is.

Now I'm holding out for that bargain Thunder II or III that I know's going to come up on Glumtree or at the car boot, sooner or later - otherwise I'd be sorely tempted... :)

Jon.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='589995' date='Sep 4 2009, 06:32 PM']This has Two matching Japanese made batteries in, only one was a bit manky, the originals?[/quote]
If it's been in someone's loft for 25 years, quite likely they are. Added value! :)

J.