Why become a member? ×

Sadowskys in Suffolk/Norfolk?

___---___

Hi all.

I've been speaking to Kevin Drexler at Sadowsky about a custom order. As I was about to confirm it all, I realised that I have never played an NYC! I have, of course, played the Metro series, but never a NYC.

Is there anyone on here with an NYC in the Suffolk/Norfolk area that I could try? I'll let you play with mine while I'm on yours...

Thanks in advance.

Adam.

[quote name='___---___' post='590387' date='Sep 5 2009, 08:59 AM']Hi all.

I've been speaking to Kevin Drexler at Sadowsky about a custom order. As I was about to confirm it all, I realised that I have never played an NYC! I have, of course, played the Metro series, but never a NYC.

Is there anyone on here with an NYC in the Suffolk/Norfolk area that I could try? I'll let you play with mine while I'm on yours...

Thanks in advance.

Adam.[/quote]

With the caveat that every bass differs to some degree I'd have to say that of the 2 NYC's (1 owned) and the 3 Metros (1 owned) I've tried, there wasn't a 'massive' difference in [u]feel and playability[/u] between any of them; so if you've been happy with how a Metro plays then you can expect the same if not better. When it comes to tone that is different and a lot more subjective and it'd be totally dependent upon what it's loaded with and what the wood combinations of your choice would be.

What are you likely to be going for?