Why become a member? ×

TRADED - Ltd edition Spector NS5XL

alanbass1

Well, I purchased this superb bass off Molan a few weeks back for the band I'm currently playing in as we thought that a number of songs would benefit from some low B action. But, after 33 years of playing 4 string basses, I'm just not gonna gel with any 5 stringer.

The reason I bought this particular bass is that my main gigging bass is a Spector NS4 (shown in my avatar) and I just love Spector basses - so if I was going to get on with 5 stringers this would be the most likely. The action is superb and the bass sounds fantastic, which makes it all the more of a shame that I don't think I will ever get to use her properly. So, my thoughts are that I stay in my ludite comfort zone and see if there is any interest for a trade with a high end 4 stringer or an old Fender Jazz bass (cash adjustment either way considered). TRADED
Some details:

The Spector Limited Edition Redwood Burl NS-5XL is crafted with 75-to-100 year-old, water-cured redwood burl. The burl rests on a platform of Spector's legendary hand-selected, premium exotic woods: maple for the neck and black walnut for the body wings. Water-cured redwood is harvested from the stumps of redwood trees cut down 75-100 years ago that fell into streams. These trunks were submerged in water the entire time, which washed all the resins out of the wood and replaced them with dissolved minerals. This natural mineral enrichment process is what gives the wood its unique color and density. This natural water curing is very similar to the method that has been used for curing violin woods in Europe for hundreds of years.

The Spector NS-5XL 5 string bass guitar is constructed with 3-ply maple neck-thru construction with graphite stiffening rods and a heavy-duty truss rod. It has a 35" scale rosewood fretboard with Spector's abalone crown inlays, dual USA EMG-40DC humbuckers and Spector's Two band pre-amp with Treble and Bass cut/boost.

Those of you who know your Spectors will know that it plays like a dream, super low action & very easy to zip around the fretboard. Personally I love the sound of Spectors and it's absolutely become my #1 gigging bass sound.

It's in damn near 'as new' condition, I can't see a single mark on it anywhere!

Some pictures (hope Molan is OK using some of his snaps):

Edited by alanbass1