Why become a member? ×

GONE

Clarky

Bought this from Rayman (aka Russ) a couple of months ago but have since bought a couple of new basses, including a new 09 Am Std Jazz, and am (BC cliche #1) thinning the herd. It has a really slim, slick neck (much slimmer than an Am Std Jazz) and plays beautifully. Its strung at the moment with some very old, worn-in TI Flats but I can swap for the EB Slinky rounds it came with if you want.

Two key features are (1) fairly heavy relic'ing ('assisted' by Rayman), which imparts a real vintage rock'n roll vibe and (2) the Villex passive J pickups and mid-boost control. The Villex system gives it a much broader range of sounds than your average Jazz and also more oomph. There are loads of reviews on the net if you want to know more about Villex and a couple of BC'ers have raved about them.

[attachment=32751:2Fenders001.jpg][attachment=32752:2Fender002.jpg]

I am after what I paid, which is £475. I think this is a very fair price given that the same Villex pickup system costs £125 as an extra on Modulus basses (I couldn't find another reference to a freestanding price other than via US import). Unfortunately the bass has no hard case but it will be well packed in a soft gig bag with bubble wrap and cardboard box, if posted. If you wanted to pick up, I work near Liverpool Street, London and live near Hammersmith.

Edit: really after a cash sale but - if this doesn't materialise - would consider a trade against a five-string US Fender J or P in a traditional colour (3TS, Oly white etc)

Edited by Clarky

Further trade ideas:

A good quality, good condition ultra-light 4x10, 3x10 or 2x15 - Epifani 410UL/310UL or, even better, BareFaced Vintage (or Big One)?

Obviously with cash adjustment one way or other depending on value of cab

Edited by Clarky

On eBay now (with higher price due to ripoff fees) :) [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130332242574&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...=STRK:MESELX:IT[/url]

The usual applies - if any BC'er wants it, happy to end auction early as long as there are no bids already

[quote name='voxpop' post='603439' date='Sep 20 2009, 11:32 AM']Hi ,
If you sell the bass and want to buy a Fender American P5 in white, I MIGHT sell mine to fund some more GAS.
Its 3 months old and strung with TI flats.

Let me know.[attachment=33159:DSC_0008.JPG][/quote]
Thanks for that - definitely interested. Lets see if my one sells though!