Why become a member? ×

Less than one month-old Fender US Jazz (3TS/rw)

Clarky

I am a touch tipsy as I write and so reserve right to change mind when sober tomorrow!

Anyway, I bought a brand new Fender American Standard Jazz in 3TS with rosewood board at the start of September - lovely bass. However, I have since been offered back a bass I sold to a BC'er a little while ago that I really regretted selling. Not got the cash to buy it (as just bought Toasted's Walkabout cab) so wondered if anyone wants to make me a reasonable offer on my Jazz (I will not sell my Shuker or my back-up P-bass)?

It cost me £899 but, in true Clarky stylee, I am prepared to take a loss on moving it on so long as it allows me to get back my previous bass (obviously I am not interested in trades, just cash). Its in minty-fresh condition and comes with SKB case and case candy.

Not got photos right now but its identical to the following :
[attachment=33506:American...Rosewood.jpg]

Please PM me if you want to make a cash offer. But get in quick as I might change my mind!

Edited by Clarky

The owner of the bass I want back is after a Mesa Walkabout combo. I don't want to sell my one but please let me know if anyone wants to participate in a three-way trade - this would involve me passing my Jazz to them in return for a Walkabout and immediately passing the Walkabout to the third party and me getting my old bass back.

Obviously cash is simpler! :)

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='609384' date='Sep 26 2009, 05:02 PM']Surprised you're selling this on so quickly, Clarky. The previously owned bass you're trying to retrieve must be bloody good![/quote]
It was/is!

£750 would allow me to be break even on the two deals (and thus not feel an utter plonker), so thats the price - and with new ones starting at £899 everywhere now, due to Fender 09 price rise, I think thats great value for a bass that hasn't left my house and is in mint nick! Effectively £150 (15%) off for me renting it for 3 weeks!

If this doesn't work out I shall not be overly bothered as this is a gorgeous bass

Edited by Clarky

Have had a few PMs asking whether I would be prepared to cut the price further.

Given that I shelled out £899 less than 4 weeks ago for this I would feel pretty stupid cutting much further. So .... final offer price is £750 posted (48-hour service) or £725 collected (I live nr Hammersmith, London and work nr Liverpool St - could obviously bring it along to the SE Bass bash as well for handover).

If I don't get this its probably better for me to keep this bass and pass on taking back my old one

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='guzzibass' post='610442' date='Sep 27 2009, 11:18 PM']scuse me for being nosey, but what bass are you hankering after?[/quote]
Actually its a Jazz also but with maple neck and - with the benefit of hindsight - I preferred the maple neck to rosewood (felt slicker to me and my band's stuff is pretty uptempo). Get the feeling that puts me in the minority on BC, where most seem to prefer rosewood on Jazzes, as best I can gauge. Maybe I have grown to love maple through playing my Shuker JJB?

Anyways, the owner of my previous bass has offered to sell back to me .... had he done so one month ago I would not be in this position! Not that I am blaming him, its my own stupid fault for having sold a bass that I should not have done. Hell, I blame BC-induced GAS!

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' post='610445' date='Sep 27 2009, 11:20 PM']Actually its a Jazz also but with maple neck and - with the benefit of hindsight - I preferred the maple neck to rosewood (felt slicker to me and my band's stuff is pretty uptempo). Maybe I have grown to love maple through playing my Shuker JJB?[/quote]

Ahh!! Thought it might've been the Simenon bass!

Its been pointed out to me that some US Jazzes are available in a few retailers (Guitar Guitar, Sounds Live) for around £800. However, as far as I can tell noone has the 3TS/RW combination at the old price, eg, Guitar Guitar is selling black 09 US Jazzes for £799 but has one in 3TS/RW for £989! When I paid £899, it was after searching the web thoroughly and it was the cheapest price I could find (I got it at Andertons in Surrey). Thus £725 collected really is a damn good price!

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='609384' date='Sep 26 2009, 05:02 PM']Surprised you're selling this on so quickly, Clarky. The previously owned bass you're trying to retrieve must be bloody good![/quote]

It's a cracker, trust me. It's the bass that renewed my faith in Fender (see [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=57804&hl=)"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=57804&hl=)[/url]. If I were playing a lot of fretted I'd be keeping it but I've got an old 70's fretted PJ that does for when I need to be in tune, and way too many fretless basses, this Jazz is largely a luxury, albeit a bloody nice one (ironicaly I was only looking for a cheap backup fretted when I bought it and only did so because Clarky made it way too easy for me). I spoke to Clarky pretty soon after he bought the rosewood jazz that's for sale here and he felt there was not a lot between the two basses, so clearly the rosewood model is a stonker also. I will say that I've done a few deals with Clarky and he really looks after his gear so you can be confident that when he says this bass is imaculate and as new that's the case. If you're thinking about getting a new Jazz - and I can recommend it - this is a good opportunity to save £200 :)
Chris

Thanks Chris, makes me look slightly less of a plonker!

Anyway, bump as I want to get this trade done fast (if I am selling a bass I don't touch it for fear of damaging it and its frustating having a sparkly new Jazz sat there doing nothing!)

Had a re-think and I am keeping this bass. Can't stomach losing £200-plus for what is, after all, a lovely mint condition bass ... and in such a short time. Beedster's Jazz (my old one) is fabulous but I am happy with this one, especially as I have experimented with new strings (D'Addario Chromes) and it plays really nicely with these.