Why become a member? ×

My basses (as at Oct 07)

Pbassman

Hi all,
Thought I'd flash the collection - though I have added 5 mnore since then so will have to update the photo soon.
From the left:-
Floor: Curt Corbow Fretless, Fender Precision USA Vntage '57 Reissue (for sale)
Standing: '83 Rickenbacker 4001, Aria Acoustic, Gibson Les Paul Standard (for sale), '77 Gibson Recording Bass, Musicman Stingray, '73 Fender Jazz USA, '76 Fender Precision USA, Fender Precision USA Vintage '62 Reissue, Fender Jazz USA Vintage '75 Reissue.

Additions since then:- Wilson 1968 Semi-acoustic bass, Musicman Bongo 5-string special edition, Fender Precision USA 1977, G&L Asat, '70s Gibson G3.

Difficult to have a favourite but for ease of playing it has to be '77 Precision - in black with maple - very JJ Burnel. The band (Deltasonic Blues Club) prefer the Ricky.

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='611335' date='Sep 28 2009, 10:08 PM']Lovely collection. How're you finding the Bongo?[/quote]

It's nice looking - black with gold hardware, well balanced, and the neck doesn't feel as wide as a runway, but I can't cope with an extra string as yet. Not sure of the sound value of the extra low notes, so not that bothered about it as a gigging bass, but I wanted one for interest and collection purposes, and this seemed a good buy. I will get it out more now I'm progressing well on 4-strings.

Phil