Why become a member? ×

More Modded cheapies

henry norton

Not quite sure where to put this pic but I've just added a varitone switch that's made it truly versatile. Two EB humbuckers (blended tone is fantastic) along with a very good modern sounds from the varitone mid cut as well as some speaker destroying lows.

I'm well pleased with it - a hundred and fifty quid all in for a bass that's more versatile (and easier to play) than my Precision with added Jazz pickup. Main thing is it looks rather good... :)

• 1 year later...

That's my old bass and you've done a very nice job there - I missed this thread when it was first posted, so well done to you.

Oh, that reminds me - I always forget to ask for feedback when I buy and sell on here, so how about it :)
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=88198&hl=feedback+redstriper"]My feedback is here[/url].

Too late anyway,i got impatient,and found out that an EPI EB0 in the bridge position is good,but as a replacement for a Precision pickup.................it's nail your feet to the floor time. :)

**No Precision basses were harmed in this exercise,but an EPi EBO was.**

P.S. 18 Months,thats quick for me.

Edited by hillbilly deluxe