Why become a member? ×

FS: Hipshot bridge for Ric

Chrome finish over brass. Weighs a ton but adds sh*t loads of sustain & tone (especially low mids). I've gone for an original Ric bridge for my project frteless Ric so this bridge - which is two weeks old and cost me well over £100 from the US (!!) - is up for grabs. Saddles fully adjustable up, down, backwards, forwards and sideways, certainly far more versatile than the Ric. Luckily, not having frets, I don't need too much mechanical versatility!

How's £75 posted?

Chris

[attachment=34024:Ric_bridge.jpg]

Edited by Beedster

Cheers Jon, need my arm so glad it's not :)

I have it on pretty good authority that these will not be manufactured for much longer - in fact it might even have stopped already - as the result of legal action threatened by a certain large guitar manufacturer, So, if you want one....

Chris

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='617232' date='Oct 5 2009, 11:33 AM']These are great bridges. Can't see why you'd opt for the original Chris unless you're a sucker for style over function - which I can respect having bent tin on my P that aint going nowhere :lol:[/quote]

LOL, agreed, when I posted on the subject on BC there was a pretty unanimous "get the Hipshot" response. The original Ric bridge is a dog to set up, but luckily when used the strings sit just perfectly (I like quite high action on the Ric). The Hipshot is a dream and I imagine that on a fretted bass you'd need the versatility to get accurate and buzz-free intonation. I have to say I'm anjoying using the mutes on the original, real Elvis 'King Creole' thump! I would keep both bridges but TBH I've spent too much on this bass already so seems best to het some cash back :)

[quote name='MB1' post='617359' date='Oct 5 2009, 01:03 PM']MB1. :lol:
..Looks like one robust mother of a bridge that! :lol:
BUMP![/quote]

That's putting it mildly mate :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...