Why become a member? ×

Useless Bass, Useless Bassist or Useless Sound Engineer?

xilddx

He's also ALL OVER THE PLACE! He must have smoked so much sensi before the show. Monster riddim skillz though! I saw this when it was broadcast and never forgot it.

So, [b]Useless Bass, Useless Bassist or Useless Sound Engineer?[/b] Or a combination?

Edited by silddx

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='615382' date='Oct 2 2009, 11:36 PM']I couldn't comment on either the bass or the bassist unless I actually heard them.

So it must at least start with the technician.[/quote]
Ah, but when he hits what I think is G on his D string (assuming he's tuned in fourths) it's really loud, but you can barely hear any other notes, other than one he's playing that's really badly intonated.

On all the BBC's Glastonbury coverage, you never hear the bass on the first few tunes. Towards the ends of peoples' sets they get a good mix, but it's never there at the start. I'm guessing they opened with Guns of Navarone judging by that mix.

Love that tune, it's still the only thing I can play reliably on my trombone, nice to hear Skatalites doing it for a change!

Edited by thisnameistaken

I thought the saxophonist was going to go into "The Banana Splits" at the start of his solo.... I kinda wish he had. :)

My vote goes to - bad sound guy/monitoring.
It's like it feedsback when he hits that G on the D and that's about all we hear, so maybe he's struggling with that but there's a couple of bits (like right at the start or when the whole band kicks in at the end) where you can hear what he's playing, albeit indistinctly.