Why become a member? ×

warwick

alan25

Around £400 sounds about right depending on the condition.

I paid £380 for a corvette proline about five years ago but it had a lot of rash and wear but played and sounded great. 2nd hand warwick prices have dropped a bit since then but ones in good nick will obviously go for more.

Give it a try for a full evening before going with the bubinga body. It can get a bit heavy sometimes (but its density seems really variable) it can look great or a bit subtle. If you are not worried about good looking wood and want a corvette with a painted/stained finish get one with a maple body such as an old pro line (your back and shoulders will thank you). The difference in tone due to the different wood is infinitesimally small compared to the other variables such as strings, eq, technique, amp, room dynamics, etc.

Personally I love the look of Bubinga so if it were a pretty plank I would go for it but hey ho.

I suspect it is more likely to be an active Eq circuit rather than active pick ups but there are many others on this forum who can give you chapter and verse on that.

Good luck and give it a good test before you buy.

Pete

I had an ash 5 string corvette STD, It was a great bass, just one string too many :)

The ash ones are really light, this one should be heavier, but yeah if you can get it for £350.00 I'm officially jealous, would love to get my hands on a 4 string corvette.

[quote name='Mzungu71' post='628061' date='Oct 16 2009, 04:29 PM']I had an ash 5 string corvette STD, It was a great bass, just one string too many :)

The ash ones are really light, this one should be heavier, but yeah if you can get it for £350.00 I'm officially jealous, would love to get my hands on a 4 string corvette.[/quote]

Keep an eye on eBay. There's usually a few that go for sub-£400, i saw a nice battered old proline go for lower a while ago. I got my fortress for £250 and there was a stained Corvette from the same seller at £400

If i had the money i'd buy them all!

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='628083' date='Oct 16 2009, 04:42 PM']Keep an eye on eBay. There's usually a few that go for sub-£400, i saw a nice battered old proline go for lower a while ago. I got my fortress for £250 and there was a stained Corvette from the same seller at £400

If i had the money i'd buy them all![/quote]

I keep an eye out, one of these days, I have a rather lovely all black Japanese Fender Jazz though so it keeps me happy :)