Why become a member? ×

Fender MIJ Jerry Donahue Telecaster

[attachment=34586:DSC00287.JPG][attachment=34587:DSC00288.JPG][attachment=34588:DSC00289.JPG]
[attachment=34589:DSC00290.JPG]

I bought this a couple of months ago in a six-stringed rush of blood to the head (it happens sometimes... forgive me!) but to be honest it hasn't seen much use, despite the fact that it is an amazing instrument. Two very talented guitarist mates of mine have played this and absolutely loved it, but both are too skint to buy it unfortunately... so over to you guys!

For those who aren't familiar with this model, here's a quick overview of mine...

-Made In Japan (this is an early/mid-Nineties model I believe).
-lightweight double-bound body with 3TS finish.
-'52 Tele 'V' profile maple neck (slight 'birds-eye' visible in places), vintage-spec fingerboard radius and fretwire.
-vintage 3-saddle 'ashtray' bridge, with brass saddles.
-Tele P/U at bridge, Strat P/U at neck.
-5-way selector switch:
P1: Neck P/U solo- tone pot bypassed (for extra bite!)
P2: Neck P/U solo- tone pot engaged (classic Strat sound).
P3: Both P/U's together (sounds great).
P4: Both P/U's- classic 'out-of-phase' tone.
P5: Bridge P/U solo (Tele twang!).

The build quality of this is great. The guitar is nice and light, yet still feels very solid. Acoustically, it sounds vibrant and surprisingly loud, which just gets better when you plug it in- it blew me away when my mate tried it through his modified Deluxe! These are pretty rare instruments on the 2nd-hand market, as the production run was reputedly quite short (no more than about 500 made). Mine is completely factory-standard (apart from strings), in VGC overall (just a couple of dings/depressions in the body's finish from the previous owner), and comes complete with a smart Fender padded gigbag.

I'm looking for £600 or the nearest sensible offer for this- believe me, it's well worth it! Blows some US Telecasters that I've heard into the weeds... :rolleyes: ***NOW SOLD, PENDING PAYMENT***

I'm based in Liverpool city centre. Collection is preferred, but I can deliver this within a reasonable distance if my fuel costs are covered! Shipping is also possible at additional cost...

More pictures/info available on request- just PM me. Thanks for looking!

Etienne :)

Edited by Etienne