Why become a member? ×

Drum 'n' Bass Funky Wigout... Jazz bass content inside

urb

Right well it's been a while since I posted anything here...

So I finally got a spare few minutes and made this little one take jam with my new (ish) Sei Jazz bass - in bridge pickup mode - and with new strings on - it's just effortless to play. This has various groove, chords and solo ideas in - so it's a little snapshot of what I'm messing around with right now - and I am going to be cracking on with some proper 'song' type tunes in due course - just as soon as things calm down after the end of this month - I've been a busy bloke!

Hope this floats a few bass boats out there:

[url="http://www.icompositions.com/music/song.php?sid=124925"]http://www.icompositions.com/music/song.php?sid=124925[/url]

Cheers

Mike

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='630799' date='Oct 19 2009, 09:20 PM']Cool. Very burpy!!

Chords come out pretty nice too... Just out of interest, what drum machine are you using? Is that Groove Agent?[/quote]

Ta Russ, the beat is actually a couple of Apple loops I used that come with Logic Pro, it comes with tons of really good ones, I plan on recording more with this bass as this is the direct tone with a liite EQ boost and smidge of compresssion... and those Nordy pups seem to be doing their job as well :)

Mike

[quote name='urb' post='630805' date='Oct 19 2009, 09:26 PM']Ta Russ, the beat is actually a couple of Apple loops I used that come with Logic Pro, it comes with tons of really good ones, I plan on recording more with this bass as this is the direct tone with a liite EQ boost and smidge of compresssion... and those Nordy pups seem to be doing their job as well :)

Mike[/quote]

Sounds good... the pickups are sounding OK, perhaps with the Glock (it is glock in this bass isn't it?) are a good combo!

• 2 weeks later...