Why become a member? ×

First gig in Peterborough - November 6th

WonderHorse

So we have our first gig in Peterborough at the Met Lounge on Friday November 6.
The band is called [url="http://www.myspace.com/empiregb"]Empire[/url]

The guys advertised for a bassist thorugh this site so I know there's a few folk on here from P'boro.

If you could make it that would be cool. Tickets are £4 advanced only.

Oh yeah, if you want tickets PM me

Edited by WonderHorse

[quote name='WonderHorse' post='631185' date='Oct 20 2009, 10:56 AM']So we have our first gig in Peterborough at the Met Lounge on Friday November 6.
The band is called [url="http://www.myspace.com/empiregb"]Empire[/url]

The guys advertised for a bassist thorugh this site so I know there's a few folk on here from P'boro.

If you could make it that would be cool. Tickets are £4 advanced only.[/quote]

There are quite a few Peterborians here, Muppet, thedontcarebear, geoff, charic (Ramsey!), ogri, some bloke with too many basses and an ego etc etc. Are you local too?

Nick (The Master!)

[quote name='WonderHorse' post='631406' date='Oct 20 2009, 03:10 PM']I've never been in there. The one time I went it was shut. I'll pop in when I get chance, at the minute I'm without transport, but I live across from the Hospital and have a day off tomorrow so I might pop in.

Shall I walk in and ask for the Bass doctor?[/quote]

Just ask for Nick!! I'm teaching from around 3:30 so if you pop in at around 3:00 I should be there (if not then take one of my cards and send me a nasty txt message)! They are a bit low on bass gear at present due to a change in the ownership of the shop but if you need any strings etc they can help.

[quote name='WonderHorse' post='631406' date='Oct 20 2009, 02:10 PM']I've never been in there. The one time I went it was shut. I'll pop in when I get chance, at the minute I'm without transport, but I live across from the Hospital and have a day off tomorrow so I might pop in.[/quote]
If you're lucky he'll take you out the back and show you his precious things. :)

[quote name='WonderHorse' post='633208' date='Oct 22 2009, 09:40 AM']Sorry I couldn't make it yesterday Nick.

I'll be sure to pop in soon though as I need a new set of strings. What do you guys stock?[/quote]

No probs! Technically I'm not part of the shop business (I just rent space there!) and as such, this is not advertising but they have Rotos, Elites etc. I'm not there today!

Cheers

Nick

[quote name='WonderHorse' post='633287' date='Oct 22 2009, 11:25 AM']I'll have to wait till I get paid to pop in.

I wasn't looking for advertising lol.

Would it be cool if I asked to put a gig poster up in there do you reckon?[/quote]

No prob as regards a poster etc - just ask the guys and they will put it up for you.

Cheers

Nick