Why become a member? ×

More Jazz in Manchester

Major-Minor

We spent yesterday morning rehearsing with our guest vocalist for this gig Anna McGeoch. I've got to tell you guys, she is superb !
Anna recently graduated from LIPA (Liverpool Institute of Performing Arts) and is mostly doing gigs in pubs with a rock band and sometimes with the dreaded backing-tracks. This is her first foray into the world of jazz, yet she is taking to it like a duck to water. Flawless intonation, controlled power,beautiful phrasing, natural swing-feel, etc etc. She is one of the best singers I have ever had the pleasure to work with (and I've played with many in my time). Anna is also a budding songwriter.

The reason i mention this is that I'd like to help Anna on her career path. Her parents are both bass players (BBC colleagues of mine). She deserves to be working with the best function bands / covers bands / big bands / etc etc and I'd encourage any of you who are looking for a female vocalist for your own bands to check this girl out.

If you can't get to this gig, she is going to be singing with my trio at BassDay UK on the 22nd Nov at the RNCM in Manchester. I'm doing a Double Bass masterclass/demonstration sort of thing and I asked the guys to help me out. Please pop in to the Lord Rhodes Room - we will be there from midday till 2.30, then buzzing off to do another gig.

The Major