Why become a member? ×

LSO St Lukes Live Video of my new Indo funk 'n' fusion band

urb

Hey all

I've been really busy rehearsing my butt off as part of a new band led by ace producer/solo artist Niraj Chag. He's a very successful tv composer and has a couple of solo albums out, Nitin Sawhney signed him to Outcaste records years ago and he's had two solo albums out...

Anyway long story short, we just did our first big gig at the wonderful LSO St Lukes in London last week, it was completely sold out and had about 500 folks in the audience. And here's a vid, the music is really varied and goes from Indian pop to drum and bass, rock, funk and lots more styles inbetween.

Hope you like it

Cheers

Mike

PS our next gig is at the CBSO Centre in Brimingham on 21 November, I'll post details in he gigs section soon

[quote name='sdgrsr400' post='646851' date='Nov 5 2009, 11:42 PM']Yes, great venue - used to go to lunchtime classical concerts there when I worked in the area.

Is the music in western rhythms, or did you learn tals in amazing time signatures like 17/18?[/quote]

Well not really - one tune is in 7/8 and it's more of a ballad type vibe - but the music is very well constructed and the tabla player is a monster - we have jammed a few on time sigs in rehearsal and hopefully we'll get a chance to expand on them at some point.

LSO St Lukes is a stunning venue - probably the nicest I've played in London - such a stunning building - it was a cracking gig - I hope we do alot more as this is a very exciting band.

Thanks for checking it out - glad you guys dig it :)

M