Why become a member? ×

Complete please Withdraw

Prosebass

[u][b]Due to a small misunderstanding this auction is being re-run, please read the whole description before grabbing your cheque book.........[/b][/u]

I put this bass together on Sunday from gear I had collecting dust in my workshop.

Body is bass wood and polycoated. It was originally destined to be a twin humbucker but I had a bit come loose in my router which tore up a cavity.
The Cavities have been filled and they are shielded. (You will not be able to fit standard pickups as the surrounds cover the humbucker size cutouts) On the rear of the bass you can see where the wood is jointed through the poly coating.,
Finish is superb with a couple of very minor scatches
The pickups are Artec Giovanni Vintage Jazz 7.0k bridge units set in maple / mahogany surrounds (neck offcuts) to cover the humbucker cutouts. They are non adjustable.
Bent tin bridge is as new (donated by a fellow basschatter) with good chrome and does the job. Twin volume controls have brass knobs of 80's vintage. The Control Cavity was routed for fully active 3 band eq and twin batteries (hence the size) it is shielded and has a 'bling' mirrored cover.
Neck is new, maple, Jazz dimensions with some good quality unbranded chrome tuners that function perfectly.
It is strung with some roundwound 95 / 40's (Rotosounds I think ?) It will have a string tree fitted in Brass.
It sounds superb with a wide range of tones from a burpy EBO type sound from the neck pup to a very Fender Jaco sound with the bridge pup.

[u][b]Please read this bit carefully.....[/b][/u]

[b]The neck is straight and has very little relief even with the adjuster backed off completely. This may be improved with using heavy gauge strings ie. 110's
Action is approx 2.5 - 3.0mm at the 12th with a little fingerboard buzz when playing around where the 5th fret would be on the D and G strings if you really dig in.
If you took it up 1mm or so this would go completely.....however it sounds great and if you want to learn fretless or add one to your arsenal its a good bass.[/b]

[b]Now here is the deal......I want offers put up here in the thread over £60.00. The £60.00 covers me for insured courier to you (UK only) and the fact I spent my Sunday putting it together (and getting flak from Mrs Prosebass a we were supposed to go out for the day)
All monies over £60.00 will be donated to basschat so get some bids up.
Bids to be in by Midnight 24.00 Friday the 6th Nov
[/b]

Let the bidding commence....

Edited by Prosebass

[quote name='grumble' post='647612' date='Nov 6 2009, 08:20 PM']Ok I'm a sucker for oddities, I will start things off.
80 sovs and I will pick up so any monies saved can be distributed accordingly.
C'mon people, save the Grumble from a moment of madness (and possible divorce courts), stick a higher one in ![/quote]

Nice one Grumble, you won't be dissapointed , I have been playing this tonight and almost decided to keep it but I am a man of my word.
Here are a few loops I have just put together alternating between the neck and bridge pickups.
It is through a Line 6 GX USB interface into POD Farm. Emulated Eden Amp into an 8 x 10 with a little bit of reverb to liven it up.
Put the headphones on this bass growls.... :)

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='647786' date='Nov 6 2009, 11:55 PM']No one going for a last minute snipe? :)[/quote]

What do you think this is E-bay.....

Paul is probobly aware why I haven't had pop at this, but normally he would have had friction burns from the speed I would have grabbed this.

[quote name='arsenic' post='647790' date='Nov 7 2009, 12:01 AM']What do you think this is E-bay.....

Paul is probobly aware why I haven't had pop at this, but normally he would have had friction burns from the speed I would have grabbed this.[/quote]

Hi Terry

its a nice bass, quite surprised me with its tone actually. There is always another mate....

[quote name='Prosebass' post='647794' date='Nov 7 2009, 12:14 AM']Hi Terry

its a nice bass, quite surprised me with its tone actually. There is always another mate....[/quote]

Yes there is.....but will it ever appear at that sort of price, I did try to get my son to cough up the cash for this, but he thinks that as I got him into playing bass....I should cover all his costs :) ....Really it would be something as an introduction to fretless, for both me and my son.....so it wouldn't have to be expensive, or classy.....simple with a low action.....

Who knows if I take to it....a Picobass fretless may be on order in the future.

Oh!....an congratulations on the divorce Grumble.....I'll ask PED if we can start a support group for you.

Edited by arsenic

Cheques in the post and the divorce lawyers have been consulted :rolleyes:

"How many basses do you need ?"
"One more than I have"

Given that I have zero talent and fretless is just another way to play out of tune, don't be surprised if this turns up in the marketplace after a few months :)
arsenic, you have automatic first refusal at the price I paid.