Why become a member? ×

2000 USA Fender Strat FS

Hello! A friend of my dad's (Brian) has asked me if I can sell his guitar for him as he's not too clued up on ebay, etc., but I thought I would offer it up here too.
It's a 2000 USA Fender Strat which he bought brand new from Regent Guitars in Leamington for £729.00 (I know this because the original sales invoice is included along with a note from Brian saying he authorises me to sell his guitar). Brian told me that he's played it half a dozen times - it's like new - it's still got the cellophane on the pickguard and the trem cover and it looks to be completely unmarked, in fact I think it's still got the original Bullets strings on it (which are 9 years old and need replacing, so I'll do that - I'm assuming factory strings are 9s so I'll go and buy a set of 9s so as not to mess with the setup).

The colour is listed on the invoice as Hot Rod Red - it's a bright, solid red with white pickguard and maple fingerboard. The hangtags are in the original case with the Fender Strap and trem arm and it's got a pair of Schaller straplock buttons, but I haven't looked to see if there are a pair of locks in the case. I'll add some pics, but I've got a gig tonight and recording tomorrow so it might be Monday before they are up.

Looking for in the region of £650 due to the condition of it - it is like a brand new guitar - just with a 2000 serial number on it. If you're interested drop me a line.

Ta