Why become a member? ×

Any good bass stores in central Paris?

Clarky

I am off to Paris on Saturday to see my daughter sing in a choir in a big Parisian cathedral. Have a few hours to spare in day-time and to dilute impact of Mrs Clarky shopping for girlie stuff wondered if there are any conveniently central bass guitar stores?

[quote name='Clarky' post='653864' date='Nov 13 2009, 06:49 PM']Thanks to all. I will also check out the website you mentioned Nick

Of course it may be all in vain if Mrs Clarky gets the bit between her teeth girlie shopping-wise :)[/quote]

All this will be academic after you've bought 2 coffees for 20 Euros. Check out Pigalle, that's where most of the music shops are.

[quote name='leschirons' post='654235' date='Nov 14 2009, 08:45 AM']All this will be academic after you've bought 2 coffees for 20 Euros.[/quote]

Yep and a salad with a caterpillar in it (in a brasserie at lunch time that charged Euro 16 for a burger). Yuck. Lost my appetite after that. And sadly my prediction was right - I was simply a bag carrier for Mrs Clarky in a rainy Paris :)

Give me London any day

[quote name='Clarky' post='654912' date='Nov 15 2009, 12:04 AM']Yep and a salad with a caterpillar in it (in a brasserie at lunch time that charged Euro 16 for a burger). Yuck. Lost my appetite after that. And sadly my prediction was right - I was simply a bag carrier for Mrs Clarky in a rainy Paris :)

Give me London any day[/quote]

Well, it's a two way street, you should have done your own thing as well.

I really despise shopping, I can't think of a worse way to spend a weekend!

[quote name='Clarky' post='654927' date='Nov 15 2009, 12:23 AM']Think you are taking my tongue-in-cheek comments very literally - our marriage is indeed a two way street, I drag her to my gigs, she drags me shopping![/quote]

To be fair, you've got the shabby end of the deal! Rather go to a gig than shopping, any day! :)