Why become a member? ×

Volume Control!

Happy Jack

[quote name='OldGit' post='658887' date='Nov 19 2009, 08:56 AM']If the question is "does your bass sound better if the volume controls are set at 10, 8 or 5?" then we should probably differentiate between actives and passives.[/quote]

Don't confuse my guitarists!

I'm pretty sure they don't know what "active" and "passive" mean. They certainly have no idea what the implications are.

i usually have mine at about 95%...means if i ever feel im a tad quiet i can give it a quick tweak mid song without having to go back to my amp and change the master.

to be honest, i very rarely touch the volume knob on my bass during a set anyway so i could probably be on 100% and it would make no odds.

Edited by Killstarz

[quote name='metaltime' post='659198' date='Nov 19 2009, 01:34 PM']I voted always on ten but i could do with a volume boost for some bits where the guitar overpowers the bass i am either going to get Volume pedal, boost pedal or start setting my bass vol at 2/3rd. The latter is the cheapest but might be a bit tricky to adjust mid song.[/quote]

That's EXACTLY what started the row at our last rehearsal.

[i] [b][size=3][color="#8B0000"]"What's that pedal for? You don't need that! You're always changing your volume! Why can't you just leave it alone? You don't need a pedal for that! What's wrong with your volume control? Can't you just turn it down to start with, and roll it up when you need it? That's what we do! And we're Gods!" [/color][/size][/b] [/i]

OK, I made the last bit up.

I seem to do the opposite of what most people here do , I turn the volume on my amp up way louder than I need and then I set the volume on my bass to taste (usually halfway is plenty) , I would rather do that and be able to boost the volume on my bass at any point should I need the extra volume than have to walk over to my amp to adjust the volume