Why become a member? ×

Cheap headless

waynepunkdude

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' post='659563' date='Nov 19 2009, 07:48 PM']For that price, go for Hohner jack . Or you may get a Washburn Status off ebay
for around £250.00 max. I forgot, the Washburn may not be 'punk' : enough :)[/quote]

I'm not too fussed how it looks as it'll live in my car and only be used when bored.

I'll look into the Washburn, cheers.

B2s go for pretty silly money these days, you'll be hard pushed to find one for £200 on Ebay. Hohner Jacks, for some reason, seem to be cheaper - they're essentially the same bass with a body.

The B2 is a pretty accurate copy of the original Steinberger. You do realise Geddy Lee played one of them, don't you Wayne? :)

Jon.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='659598' date='Nov 19 2009, 08:19 PM']B2s go for pretty silly money these days, you'll be hard pushed to find one for £200 on Ebay. Hohner Jacks, for some reason, seem to be cheaper - they're essentially the same bass with a body.

The B2 is a pretty accurate copy of the original Steinberger. You do realise Geddy Lee played one of them, don't you Wayne? :)

Jon.[/quote]

He also plays a Jazz but I play it better :rolleyes:

• 5 months later...

I agree about B2's fetching silly money (if you are buying).

I'd been thinking about getting one but there were non around in my area (Newcastle) to try out so I bought a Riverside Guitars copy off Ebay for £75. The strings were old and the action was awful but it still sounded pretty good. Now that I've changed the strings and fiddled a bit with the action it sounds even better. I like the way it feels, i.e. very light which is great for me as I'm the singer too. It also takes regular single ball ended strings so that's a bonus!

I might move onto a B2a now that I've been playing the Riverside for a while but I'm expecting to pay well over £200 for a 4 string so I needed to be sure I could live with it first, suggest you do the same if you're still looking for one.

[quote name='Davy' post='817515' date='Apr 24 2010, 08:07 PM']I agree about B2's fetching silly money (if you are buying).

I'd been thinking about getting one but there were non around in my area (Newcastle) to try out so I bought a Riverside Guitars copy off Ebay for £75. The strings were old and the action was awful but it still sounded pretty good. Now that I've changed the strings and fiddled a bit with the action it sounds even better. I like the way it feels, i.e. very light which is great for me as I'm the singer too. It also takes regular single ball ended strings so that's a bonus!

I might move onto a B2a now that I've been playing the Riverside for a while but I'm expecting to pay well over £200 for a 4 string so I needed to be sure I could live with it first, suggest you do the same if you're still looking for one.[/quote]

I've missed on 2 at silly money I am keeping my eye out still.