Why become a member? ×

blend knobs?

victor5string

i was wondering if the vt2-twin-eq and vt-1-eq have a blend knob on them or could one be installed, as i like to blend my grit/overdrive/distortion with my amps sound. i use a boss line selector at the mo to do my blending but would like to not have to use it in the future. but as i've never owned a DHA pedal before is this whole blend thing not needed, will my tone come through with the tone of the pedal? as i tend to find cheap(er) pedals like boss and digitech tend to cover my tone with its sound but my ebs stuff seems to work with the tone of my amp and bass.

Cheers

Vic

Edited by victor5string

[quote name='victor5string' post='662586' date='Nov 23 2009, 12:56 PM']i was wondering if the vt2-twin-eq and vt-1-eq have a blend knob on them or could one be installed, as i like to blend my grit/overdrive/distortion with my amps sound. i use a boss line selector at the mo to do my blending but would like to not have to use it in the future. but as i've never owned a DHA pedal before is this whole blend thing not needed, will my tone come through with the tone of the pedal? as i tend to find cheap(er) pedals like boss and digitech tend to cover my tone with its sound but my ebs stuff seems to work with the tone of my amp and bass.

Cheers

Vic[/quote]

They don't have blend knobs as we believe they don't need them. They are really valve pre-amps and do not generate distortion with solid state clipping just valve overdrive soft clipping so hence the tone of your bass will get through.

Dave

[quote name='DHA' post='662710' date='Nov 23 2009, 02:35 PM']They don't have blend knobs as we believe they don't need them. They are really valve pre-amps and do not generate distortion with solid state clipping just valve overdrive soft clipping so hence the tone of your bass will get through.

Dave[/quote]

time to start saving some cash, so i can treat myself for christmas

[quote name='DHA' post='662710' date='Nov 23 2009, 02:35 PM']They don't have blend knobs as we believe they don't need them. They are really valve pre-amps and do not generate distortion with solid state clipping just valve overdrive soft clipping so hence the tone of your bass will get through.

Dave[/quote]

time to start saving some cash, so i can treat myself for christmas