Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn

john_the_bass

Right then - this is very much a feeler, mainly because it belongs to my dad and he doesn't know I've put this thread up! I know he is after a slightly different bass and would probably buy it if he could raise the funds, so if his sells he might be in a position to buy the one he wants. I won't be selling his bass without him knowing, don't worry!!

It's a Michael Kelly Dragonfly fretless 5 - it came from Grand Central Music in Michigan in 2005 (or possibly 2006) before these were imported into the UK and was bought with the optional case. It's a nice looking bass - quilted maple top, back and sides and is finished in trans black, so you can see the quilt in it. It's also got this elborate inlay running the length of the fingerboard. It has a Fishman preamp and has been used with bronze acoustic bass strings.
I can't comment on how it sounds or plays as I've never really played it, but knowing who it belongs to I would say it's going to be looked after and he says it sounds very nice! I can send some mp3s of the bass being used on his bands most recent recordings.

Pics - the only pics I have are a stock picture which shows the inlay and a pic of dad playing the bass at my wedding in the summer.

At the moment GAK sell these for £579 and a case is extra - you can get a Stagg case from them for £59.

I would imagine that if he could get £400 for it plus, say, £15 to ship it, it would make up his mind one way or another whether to buy the other one he's looking at. If you did want it, collection could be made from Redditch or Solihull town centre.

PM me if you're interested and I'll pass on the message, contact details for dad, etc.

Edited by john_the_bass

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='664485' date='Nov 24 2009, 10:55 PM']No love for the Dragonfly? Me poor old dad![/quote]
Smashing bass. Love to be able to help out your Dad, but while I've got a use for an acoustic (and a fretless 5-string is right up my street) , that's well outside my budget.

Hope it goes to a good home .... have a bump on me.

Andy

Edited by BigBeatNut