Why become a member? ×

AKAI EWi (1000/2000) = SOLD

OK ... sorry about the 'typo' in the title; but now that I have your attention, I'm actually selling something for a Sax Friend .....(although both descriptions are probably applicable!)....
Of interest to any multi - instrumentalists or for similar Sax(ophone)-playing friends or band members.
Description and photos below: I'm assured that this is something quite rare and is in mint condition. There are new Akai EWi's (of the USB variety) but this is an original/complete model, which would have cost a small fortune when new...

Specs:_ the Akai EWIs (Electronic Wind Instruments) are based on the saxophone.
· EWI1000 Electric Wind Instrument is a controller
· EVW2000 is an analog synth module for the EVI1000/EWI1000
The Akai EWI1000 (Electronic Wind Instrument) / EVI1000 (Electronic Valve Instrument) are vehicles to introduce MIDI to the horn player. Developed from the "Steinerphone", created by Nyle Steiner, by using traditional sax-like and trumpet-like fingerings. Feature include a seven octave range, touch sensitive keys (no moving parts), breath sensor in the mouthpiece for control of dynamics and timbre. Biting the lip sensor in the EVI controls the amount of glide while glide on the EWI is controlled by a touch responsive glide sensor. Lip sensor pressure on the EWI controls vibrato and modulation and a vibrato lever has the same effect on the EVI. Both instruments have a special touch sensor control allowing the player to bend note up or down. There are several 'MB' settings on the module - I'm assuming these must be 'Michael Brecker' as he was agreat exponent of the Ewi's.
The EWV-2000 sound module is usually sold with the EWI1000 or EVI1000, and consists of a programmable analog synthesizer with 2 VCO's, 3 Filters, 2 Envelope Generators and 2 VCA's. It can perform as two parallel synthesizers with two different sounds or as a single complex synthesizer. Breath and lip pressure can control vibrato, pulse width, modulation, filter modulation and volume. The three different filters allow the creation of resonant formants for simulations of cups, mutes and plungers. External input allows other instruments to be processed through the EWV2000. Other feature include wave envelope FM, 64 user programmable memories, and a 16 character backlit LCD. Additionally, the EWV-2000 is equipped with a MIDI out jack. Patches (all patch data/single voices) can be saved on cassette. There is no MIDI dump of patches, but then again you couldn't dump the patches back to the EWV2000 via MIDI, since there is no MIDI in.
This plays great on its own and also through an external sound module. There is a user-manual included (details can also be downloaded from EWI-EVI.com). It comes with all cables as when bought new and includes a sax sling

SOLD !!!

Edited by eubassix