Why become a member? ×

Yamaha RBX270J

deathpanda

Hello, I advertised this bass on here a while ago, it didn't sell (but got plenty of replies mentioning how good the bass is for the price), and since then, I somehow managed to crack the headstock. Started off as a crack, which I thought nothing of, but the string tension eventually caused a thin split in the headstock. It is a magnificent sounding bass, lovely neck and easy to play on. I was told I could get it fixed up professionally, and pretty cheap (I was thinking that anyone handy with repairs here might be interested in this bass, it's pretty cheap after all). I just don't have the money, and that's also the reason I'm selling it. I'm skint.

£60 + £10 postage with Parcel2go, or if you would like to recommend another courier, please go ahead.
**EDIT, my dad got the bass repaired, the silly git, so I am now bumping up the price to £90. This bass is still well worth the money, it's extremely versatile and comfortable to play.

So again, it's a professional sounding and feeling bass that goes for about £200 ([url="http://www.pjsmusicservices.co.uk/prod5.asp?ID=262&offset=&prod_id=388"]cheapest I could find[/url]). For what it's worth, I was told all that need to be done is an injection of glue into the split.

Here are the pictures I posted previously, and I will get a detailed picture of the split soon.

Edited by deathpanda

Without any notification, my dad is taking it off to be fixed... I never got time to get a picture of the crack, but I will make sure I get a picture of the repair work. There's an RBX170 (the mega crap version of this bass) floating around here, and he's asking for £110. So after the repair, I will have to bump up the price to £90. Will take any serious offers/trades.