Why become a member? ×

Kismetik's last gig of 2009 - Hope & Anchor, London

Clarky

We are playing the Hope & Anchor on Monday 14th December. Doors open at 8pm and the eclectic line-up for the evening is as follows (with descriptions of the bands supplied by the promoters):

8.30-9.00pm
Stuart James Durdon Smith - "solo rockabilly performer who has played all over the US ... hillbilly rock n roll but quite a bit of Nick Cave and Bob Dylan too .... Ryan Adams even"

9.15-9.45pm
Julia K - "Urgent female fronted rock, like P.J. Harvey via Smashing Pumpkins ... brilliant vocals indeed"

[b]10.00-10.30pm
Kismetik - "out there punk metal played in a wild psychobilly style referencing The Pogues, The Clash, Motorhead and ...er The Meteors, and it will certainly go off live" [/b]

10.45-11.15pm
Robb Blake - "Often billed as 'The One Man Ska Explosion' ... kinda Sublime via Joe Strummer. he skanks in a sweet pop friendly manner"

Cheers Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' post='675567' date='Dec 6 2009, 11:56 AM']10.45-11.15pm
Robb Blake - "Often billed as 'The One Man Ska Explosion' ... kinda Sublime via Joe Strummer. he skanks in a sweet pop friendly manner"

Cheers Clarky[/quote]

Say hello to Robb for me if you get chance, Clarky. He's a good lad and has put us on a couple of times at the pub he runs the gigs at (hmm, wonder if I can get a lift there and back with him, probably not)

Advice - never light a gas pilot light with old matches that take about 20 seconds to strike. The resulting fireball enveloped my right hand which is now pinker than a pink thing and hurts. Fortunately I have checked that I can still grasp a plectrum.

Clarky = dork