Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot 1110 4x10" combo & 1970s Vox Empty 2x15" cab FS/FT

Delberthot

A couple of impulse buys means that I have a couple of things that I'll probably never use.

The first thing I have for sale is a 1985ish Trace Elliot 1110 4X10" combo.

Cosmetically its in pretty damn good condition with only some surface marks on the sides and a small tear on the front that I had to search to really find.

The original owner that I bought it from had it from new and while working in Essex, popped into Trace and had them modify it to accept an extension cab and while he was at it, had them add a 1/4" input which, when connected, would bypass the amp and allow it to be used a 4x10".

The last one of these that went on Ebay went for £360 a couple of weeks ago and that was without the Trace mod to be able to add an extension cab.

The GP11s have a 150w amp but as per usual Trace watts are louder than anyone elses - I'm not sure exactly how it works whether its 150w on its own and something like 225w with an extension cab or 150 watts with another cab and 80w on its own. I can;t find any details to clarify this. Its loud whatever it is.

I'm not going to bother you with the ebay flannel since most of you will know what this is but if yu need any more info then feel free to get in touch.

Edited by Delberthot

The second item I am selling is an early 70s Vox Super Foundation 2x15" cab

There are no drivers installed and the originals are long gone. I was going to get a couple of eminence drivers for this as WinISD shows the Delta LF ones to be the most efficient and provide the best response for the size of the cab. i was also going to fit a new back panel with handles installed and ports so as to preserve the original but I've never got round to it so its been a very large ornament in my livingroom for the last couple of months.

Absolutely no idea how much this is worth but there is a company in the US doing them and I think it was working out at about £400 odd to have a reproduction one made and sent over without speakers.

Edited by Delberthot

Obviously its getting near Christmas and no one has any money at this time so I am open to trades.

I've put a value of £360 on the Trace and I'd be happy to get £250 for the Vox cab, so with that in mind, I am interested in, but not limited to trades for:

Trace Head
Gallien 700RB II, 800RB
Trace 4x12" cab
an all valve amp - not sure what but 200w will be enough.

If you have anything else then let me know, I don;t have anything specific in mind but I dont need any more basses - I'm more than happy with my Precision

Both are on Ebay just now but will pull them provided there are no bids

I would prefer to meet up or deliver this to the winner as delivery is going to be quite pricey but can quote for delivery if you are interested. I'm guessing at over £50 per item due to the size and weight.

If I am delivering or meeting you, I will only be charging you the cost of petrol..

Edited by Delberthot

• 2 weeks later...