Why become a member? ×

Pre wired P bass harness

Jase

[quote name='Jase' post='694229' date='Dec 27 2009, 12:56 PM']Would anybody know where these are available from in the UK? I'm looking for a solderless option if possible.
Cheers :)[/quote]

had a quick google but cant see anything

you would still need to solder the pup though?...or does it come with pup
is it a problem to solder

[quote name='mrcrow' post='694961' date='Dec 28 2009, 05:18 PM']had a quick google but cant see anything

you would still need to solder the pup though?...or does it come with pup
is it a problem to solder[/quote]

Thanks mrcrow, yeah I've been googling around too. I thought some sort of varitone type thing might be available??? I'm awful at soldering, I'm sure I read somewhere about a type of prewired harness where the pups would be clipped in??? Of course, I could be talking total nonsense :)

[quote name='Jase' post='694990' date='Dec 28 2009, 05:42 PM']Thanks mrcrow, yeah I've been googling around too. I thought some sort of varitone type thing might be available??? I'm awful at soldering, I'm sure I read somewhere about a type of prewired harness where the pups would be clipped in??? Of course, I could be talking total nonsense :)[/quote]

if you dont want to solder you can use electronic glue

[url="http://www.smallbattery.company.org.uk/sbc_wire-glue.htm"]wire glue[/url]

if it does as it says...then it should be more than sufficient...most soldered joints in a bass guitar circuit arent mechanical joints and dont transfer loading

worth a try if you dont want to learn the solder way

[quote name='mrcrow' post='695112' date='Dec 28 2009, 08:17 PM']if you dont want to solder you can use electronic glue

[url="http://www.smallbattery.company.org.uk/sbc_wire-glue.htm"]wire glue[/url]

if it does as it says...then it should be more than sufficient...most soldered joints in a bass guitar circuit arent mechanical joints and dont transfer loading

worth a try if you dont want to learn the solder way[/quote]

Brilliant! That looks like the stuff for me. Thanks mrcrow :)