Why become a member? ×

ampeg 4x10hlf

munkonthehill

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='698495' date='Jan 2 2010, 12:39 AM']Still looking.[/quote]

Stop looking.

Right now.

Don't look any further.

I have owned both of these cabs, and at the moment still own and gig the svt 410hlf. It's a beast. IMHumbleO it's a great cab and really not worth swapping for an 810.

Ashdown 810's tend to sell cheap, I think I let mine go in a trade for a cash equivalent of about £200 ( Tayste ?? ), the SVT is worth more than that.

I swap heads between an Ampeg b2-re ( I got this with the cab in a GAK blowout - I bought the only one as it was for sale for £650 for both, till they realised they should have been selling the B series cab and not the svt......ha !!! But they honoured the deal god bless them.) and an old EA iAmp600.........both are great.

Anyways I digress, keep the SVT and hire an 810 for the odd occassion you feel the need.

S

I'm guessing you guys know each other???................it doesn't mention it's a B series cab anywhere.

Or should I have gone to Specsavers ??

BTW I'm playing in George Sq Glasgow at 630 til 730 tonight ( my band is called Nightshift ) ........will be DI'ing though as all the bands backline is snowbound in the van !!!!!!

Never tried the B series stuff so please ignore my previous advice !

Stewart

• 2 months later...