Why become a member? ×

Musicman: Stingray vs. Sterling

chilisfan16

I own a really decent '97 sterling, and im a really proud owner. Yesterday, i wasin my local guitar shop, and spotted a stingray in the back, and as i havnt played one for a couple of months, decided to have a little muck about.

Upon playing it, i found it had a TERRIBLE sound, even my friends thought that. im not sure if it was through the crappy roland amp, or if it was the actual bass itself, and i just couldn't wait to get back home to my sterling.

so what are everyone else's opinions on each bass, and their preferance?

[quote name='chilisfan16' post='696729' date='Dec 30 2009, 08:56 PM']I own a really decent '97 sterling, and im a really proud owner. Yesterday, i wasin my local guitar shop, and spotted a stingray in the back, and as i havnt played one for a couple of months, decided to have a little muck about.

Upon playing it, i found it had a TERRIBLE sound, even my friends thought that. im not sure if it was through the crappy roland amp, or if it was the actual bass itself, and i just couldn't wait to get back home to my sterling.

so what are everyone else's opinions on each bass, and their preferance?[/quote]

Save a cyber-tree and read [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=67679&st=80&#entry690664"]this thread[/url].

I think you'll find it's pretty comprehensive and saves us regurgitating the wheel. :)

Edited by Sean

[quote name='chilisfan16' post='696729' date='Dec 30 2009, 10:56 PM']I own a really decent '97 sterling, and im a really proud owner. Yesterday, i wasin my local guitar shop, and spotted a stingray in the back, and as i havnt played one for a couple of months, decided to have a little muck about.

so what are everyone else's opinions on each bass, and their preferance?[/quote]

crappy Roland amp :) how dare you
just kidding :rolleyes:

actually the very best bass sound i've ever had is my 2 band Stingray & my totally amazing Roland D-bass 210 amp which i replaced my hulking Ampeg rig with.
it is the best sounding amp i've ever used & it's nice & light weight too.