Why become a member? ×

EBS BassIQ

jamesbass116

I have one of these on my board and cannot recommend them highly enough! They are one of the few envelope filters that do not lose the bottom end at all. They are relatively expensive but definitely worth it.

It does also depend on what sort of sound you are trying to achieve - there are other filters that offer more "squelch" if that is your thing. There is another thread on the forum that talks about envelope filters and you can hear a sample of track that I have recorded with my band and the intro uses a Chunk Systems Agent 00 Funk Mark II not sure if that is the sound that you are after or not.

Mark

[quote name='jamesbass116' post='696768' date='Dec 30 2009, 09:34 PM']i've heard great things about this pedal.

i was wondering if anyone has had any experiences..good or bad.. so i can judge on whether to get one

also whether there are any cheaper or just better alternatives?

cheers,
James[/quote]

I like it but I find it very tricky to set up. It's too sensitive to the 'hotness' of the bass so you you have to find just the right threshold spot and right attack speed to get the right tone and avoid it enhancing too low frequencies giving it an unpleasant volume boost. When I get it right, it's awesome and makes me forget my wah, but it's a lot of work, also because different amps and EQs in rehearsal rooms make me have to adjust this pedal every time!

[quote name='1976fenderhead' post='697421' date='Dec 31 2009, 06:22 PM']I like it but I find it very tricky to set up. It's too sensitive to the 'hotness' of the bass so you you have to find just the right threshold spot and right attack speed to get the right tone and avoid it enhancing too low frequencies giving it an unpleasant volume boost. When I get it right, it's awesome and makes me forget my wah, but it's a lot of work, also because different amps and EQs in rehearsal rooms make me have to adjust this pedal every time![/quote]

ahhh right ok.. i wouldn't mind having to live with that.
i always constantly tweak with my other effects, so it'll probably come naturally for me to change it depending on acoustics etc..! haha
thanks!