Why become a member? ×

Shuker Elite 5

molan

[b]Offer now accepted on this bass & it should be heading to the midlands fairly soon :rolleyes:
[/b]
I'm having a bit of a New Year's 'tidy up' of my bass collection. I'm currently standing at nine basses & I simply don't have enough time to play them all so I'm going to start thinning them down a little :)

It's a really tough call as the nine I have are all stupidly nice & it's taken me a while to get such a nice collection!

So here's a beautiful Shuker in fabulous condition which is about two years old. Originally built to Zenbass' spec (with a lot of help from Jon). This is the actual bass Jon features on his site as an example of his work in the Elite section : [url="http://www.shukerguitars.co.uk/boelite.htm"]http://www.shukerguitars.co.uk/boelite.htm[/url]

Specs are:

5 String Elite Custom
5A Flamed Maple 3 Piece Multi-Laminated Body with Black Accents
Master Grade Madrone Burl Drop Top with Matching Headstock
Book Matched Imbuya Burr Back with matching Control Cavities (this bass has just about the sexiest back I've ever seen, lol)
5 Piece Multi-Laminate Neck (34") - Flame Maple/Wenge/Flame Maple/Wenge/Flame Maple
24 Fret Birdseye Maple Fingerboard
ABM Individual Bridge
Brass Nut
Shuker 18v EQ -- Bass, Mid, Mid Freq, Treble
Dual EMG Pickups - Neck - EMG 40CS / Bridge - EMG 40TW - This has a Dual/Single Coil Dip Switch
High Gloss Polyester / Polyurethane finish on Body
Satin Gloss finish on Neck

Zen's original quote on the flexibility of this tone system really sums it up so I've taken the liberty of 'lifting' his text:

[i]"The sound is quite special..I had it made wanting a smooth Jazz tone and a in your face Rock tone and it certainly delivers. The eq allows you to dial in any sound you want from Jazz to P-Bass, Jaco Honk you name it..You will find it with ease. Inside the control cavity there's a 4 jumper switching unit that allows to cut freq's that you don't want to boost. This is fantastic when in studio conditions."[/i]

Having owned a lot of high end basses I can say this is one of the nicest made examples I've ever seen. It has so many nice touches and I'm particularly fond of the flamed maple body (which is really hard to get a decent photo of!) and also the neck which has lovely birdseye on the board and is beautifully flamed on the rear.

It has a few minor wear marks but nothing that detracts from the natural beauty of the bass.

I'm not really looking for trades this time around as I'm trying to thin down the number of basses I have but I would consider something that was easy to sell on like a US Fender. Having said that you never know - if you have something interesting to trade then feel free to throw it at me, lol.

It'll come in an ABS hard shell case so I'm happy to ship pretty much anywhere & have no problems selling outside of the UK :lol:

I'm in no rush to sell so won't be taking 'silly' offers on the price I'm afraid.

Watch this space for more basses up for sale soon!

Pictures courtesy of Zenbass:

Edited by molan

Have to say, I've always liked John Shukers' basses, but even then this is gorgeous..hope you get a swift sale and sorry you have to part with such a nice bass.... makes me think.....what are the rest of them like????... still poverty has it's benefits......

Good luck

Andy

[quote name='rumour6' post='698351' date='Jan 1 2010, 08:49 PM']Have to say, I've always liked John Shukers' basses, but even then this is gorgeous..hope you get a swift sale and sorry you have to part with such a nice bass.... makes me think.....what are the rest of them like????[/quote]

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=72108"]MTD 535 in spalted maple[/url]

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=72112"]Overwater Jazz 5 in aged white[/url]

Although this Shuker sits somewhere in the middle of these two in value I'd say it's easily as well made as the MTD and the quality of woods & finish is certainly as good :)

[quote name='hagguy' post='699973' date='Jan 3 2010, 08:58 PM']YOU MUST HAVE SOME AMAZING BASSES TO LET THIS GO IF THIS WAS A 4 MY GRANNY WOULD BE ON EBAY!!!
love this gonna have a look at some shukers see what theyre about

mega bump for a quality bass[/quote]

Lots of Shuker fans and owners on Basschat :)

Bump

[quote name='molan' post='699784' date='Jan 3 2010, 06:24 PM']Not getting much interest on this baby :)

If anyone is put off by a 34" scale 5 stringer then you really don't need to worry about the B on this bass. It sounds really nice, well focussed and not remotely 'floppy' :rolleyes:[/quote]

Absolutely stunning bass. I fear the only reason you're not getting much interest is a lack of funds at this time of year - sadly that definately applies to me!