Why become a member? ×

DHA - new pedal idea

DHA

Hi all,

Thinking of making a new pedal out of the existing DI-EQ design. It will be a 3 band active EQ with Mid band Q and a boost via a footswitch. So a clean op-amp boost with EQ, really my DHA-DI-EQ without the DI.

Is there a need for this?

box will be 120x95x55 with the knobs. 9V battery and 2.1mm center negative power supply operated. 1/4" jack in and out (in jack turns in on) - blue led. True by-pass footswitch.

Will be offering the first 5 ordered by BC members for £49 + £4.25P&P - Target price will be £59.

Comments welcome please.

Dave

[quote name='DHA' post='700991' date='Jan 4 2010, 09:22 PM']yes, but open to suggestions if there is a better way[/quote]

i was wondering about being able to hit the front of a valve amp with a bit more gusto, and to add some eq as well, or not.

might be useful in the mild overdrive stakes, or balancing two different basses.

[quote name='ahpook' post='700997' date='Jan 4 2010, 09:26 PM']i was wondering about being able to hit the front of a valve amp with a bit more gusto, and to add some eq as well, or not.

might be useful in the mild overdrive stakes, or balancing two different basses.[/quote]

Yes, that's one use as a clean boost into a valve amp. It possible to get a very high output so will go into heavy overdrive if needed or even drive a power amp as a pre-amp.

[quote name='ahpook' post='700997' date='Jan 4 2010, 09:26 PM']i was wondering about being able to hit the front of a valve amp with a bit more gusto, and to add some eq as well, or not.

might be useful in the mild overdrive stakes, or balancing two different basses.[/quote]

Also been looking at a stereo version which could have two sets of controls so making it useful for two basses with different setups - could have a footswitch to select between the pair.

Edited by DHA

• 1 month later...