Why become a member? ×

Fender 62 reissue P pickup ||| SOLD |||

I'm saving for a new amp. This is one of the bits I'm letting go.

It's a US Fender 62 reissue P pickup. It's wired with vintage cloth wire, and 0.1uf Oil / Paper Cornel Dublier capacitor.

It's even been soldered using lead solder :) So it's all very authentic even if it's newish (about 3 years old).

Vintage backed CTS pots. Switchcraft jack.

A screwdriver and spanner is all you need to fit. [b]£80[/b] + post and it's yours.

Edited by bigjohn

I presume these pick ups are the same in the 57 reissues as well?
Whats the volume like from them(assuming they've been used in a bass that is :) ), reason being i have a mex 50s reissue and although the sound is good, its output is a bit quiet now with roto 77s on, and this set up would make a good replacement i think.

Edited by Foxx

[quote name='Foxx' post='705640' date='Jan 8 2010, 03:59 PM']I presume these pick ups are the same in the 57 reissues as well?
Whats the volume like from them(assuming they've been used in a bass that is :) ), reason being i have a mex 50s reissue and although the sound is good, its output is a bit quiet now with roto 77s on, and this set up would make a good replacement i think.[/quote]

They were fitted in a mexican P bass and the output was bigger than the stock mexi...

As always though it's a bit of suck it and see innit. The good thing is it's all wired up so you could see if it made any difference quite easily and put it back stock if you wanted.

I would be selling it to be honest, but I've got bills to pay and a new amp to buy.