Why become a member? ×

Bergantino rigs

Plux_the_Duck

[quote name='Floyd Pepper' post='749675' date='Feb 18 2010, 01:45 PM']Here's mine with the newly acquired SWR Headlite sitting on top. (Only problem is that its so small, the feet of the amp head doesn't clear the handle on the top cab)
[attachment=42951:DSC_6181.JPG]

Cheers, FP[/quote]
I'd love to try the 112s....

[quote name='Floyd Pepper' post='749695' date='Feb 18 2010, 02:03 PM']Personally, I think the 12's are spot on. Fantastic all round sound. I'm going to give the SWR a workout at rehearsals tonight as I've only ever used them in anger with my Markbass LMK.[/quote]

Personally I prefered the combo you have there (I tested the ERs) over the AE112s. The bass was MASSIVE through them...plus they looked like they were more rugged.

The AE112 was great, but the inbuilt slightly aggressive tone was an odd one. Sounded good, but I could tell the HT/EX was ceramic straight away. Literally thunderous low end.

There was a chap on talkbass who said the micros (sub 500-600w) were underpowering the HT112ER/EX which seemed odd to me...Ive not hear anyone else complain about this.

I still crave a pair of Berg 12s. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

[quote name='51m0n' post='830101' date='May 6 2010, 10:04 PM']Toasted mate, slap a new set of strings on your bass, dial in some righteous whump and stop confusing yourself, the 410 s brilliant, but the IP stack is 'it'![/quote]

You're right. It's fantastic! I HAVE to simplify my rack tho :)

[quote name='bubinga5' post='830143' date='May 6 2010, 10:40 PM']Chris you got the same rig as mine and it kicks asss...lovely warmth and punch.....is Bergantino THAT good?[/quote]

All I can tell you is, I'm never happier with my sound than when it's coming out of Bergantino speaker cabs. It's just my sound.